The collection comprises:
- Draft memoranda and articles of association, 21 May 1930 (BHA 1).
- Certificate of incorporation, 21 May 1930 (BHA 2).
- Agreements and deeds, 1930-1954 (BHA 3).
- Signed directors meeting minute books, 1930-1960 (BHA 4).
- Printed final accounts, 1931-1960 (BHA 5).
- Copies of 1948 Companies Act returns, 1950-1959 (BHA 6).
- Issues of The Horticultural Advertiser for 5 October 1927, 16 September 1931, 14 April 1943 and 6 January 1960 (BHA 7).
- Extensive series of financial, shareholding, personnel and sales records, correspondence, case files, advertisement day books, and registers of subscribers, advertisers and editorial contributors, 1920-1960.
The archiveincludes records relating to the share ownership, constitution and management of the company as wellas records relating specifically to the production of a newspaper such as lists of subscribers,advertisers and contributors. While the running of The Horticultural Advertiser is welldocumented, survivals of creative contributions to the newspaper such as photographs, drawings andwritten articles are limited. Only four issues of the newspaper are present in the collection.