VALUATION OF RENTS:
1. Valuation of 4 freehold ground rents of £4.1s.6p., £24.6p., £16.18s.11p., £14, per year arising out of a plot of land in Vernon Street, Ardwick, Manchester, with dwelling houses erected there on of £44.14s.10p. Annual rent £14.6s.1p. Estimated the value of the 4 chief rents by the valuer W. Wilkinson, 73 Lever Street, Manchester, £320.
2. Valuation of land of 6 dwellings, numbered 29, 31, 33, 35, 37 and 39 Vernon Street, Ardwick, Manchester lent at 6s a week the landlord paying all rates taxes and outgoings with ground rent of £10.16s.8p. per year. Annual rent £80.8s.2p, estimated the value of the 4 chief rents by the valuer W. Wilkinson of 73 Lever Street, Manchester, £775.
3. Valuation of 2 freehold plots of land 1480 sq yds and 982 sq yds with the 10 dwelling houses numbered 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 Hampshire Street and numbered 3, 5, 7 and 9 Johnson Street, Cheetham, Manchester. Annual rent £167.4s.6p. Estimated the value of the four chief rents by the valuer W. Wilkinson of 73 Lever Street, Manchester, £2100.
4. Valuation of 2 freehold chief rents of £35.4s.6p. & £35.4s.6p. per year. Annual rent less ground rent £20.10s.10p. less overriding rent. Estimated the value of the 4 chief rents by the valuer W. Wilkinson of 73 Lever Street, Manchester, £460.
5. Valuation of a freehold plot of land with six dwelling houses number 70, Albert Street and numbered 52, 54, 56, 58 and 60 Victoria Street, Bradford, Manchester, let at rentals of one at 6s and 9s per week. 5 at 5s. Annual rent less ground rent £71.11s. estimated by the valuer W. Wilkinson of 73 Lever Street, Manchester, £650.
1) Letter dated 16 Aug.1906, by secretary of Hudson, Sykes and Bousfield Ltd, a Chas A. Robinson. The holdings of this co. by the deceased are £500 at 4.5% first mortgage debenture stock. Present market quotation is £80-82.
2) Letter dated 19 Aug.1906, by secretary of A&S Henry & Co Ltd, 32 Portland Street, Manchester. The deceased is still registered proprietor of 20 ordinary shares of £10 each. On the 18 Jul. 1906 the shares were worth £13 each inclusive of all dividends accrued on the date.
3) Valuation of estate duty including household furniture, wines, horses and boats £458.3s.6p.
4) Letter dated 13 Aug.1906, by secretary of Thomas Rhodes Ltd, E. Blackburn. The holdings of the late Edmund Ashworth are £1500 in mortgage debenture stock the value of which is present at £1530.
5) Letter dated 16 Aug.1906, by secretary of The Caledonian and Bleaching & Printing Co Ltd, Mill Lane, Pendleton, an A.L. Entwisle. The holdings of the late Edmund Ashworth in this co. are £100 each of mortgage debentures. On the 18th they were worth £60 each.
6) Letter dated 18 Aug.1906, by Sheffield Buildings, 89 Victoria Street, Liverpool, A. Metcalfe. Chief rents for Clive Street, 4 of the back houses have been pulled down, on each side of court are being added to the front houses, at present unoccupied, so only have an estimated rental to work upon [no figure given].
7) Report of value of chief rates amounting to £3921. 10s.
8) Bryn y Menai estate valuation totalling £5294.
[Document damaged around the edge].