INLAND REVENUE FORM A-6 'ESTATE DUTY': The district registry at Bangor in the estate of Edmund Ashworth deceased. Joins in the Affidavit or & affirmation, Mrs Hannah Travis Ashworth widow, Edward Lewis Ashworth of Boothfield, Knutsford, Cheshire. Tom Ashworth of Heathwood, Bowden, Cheshire. William Thornton Jones of Beaumaris. We desire to obtain a grant of Probate of the will with 3 codicils. Shares or debentures of public companies £69,422.7s.1p. Cash in house £32.12s.6p. Cash at bankers £37,242.11s.9p. Money out of mortgage £712.3s.9p. Household goods £458.3s.6p. Apportionment of the rents of the deceased real and lease hold property to date of death, £143.12s.10p.
1. Thomas Lewis, City Steam Mills, Bangor, for corn £1.11s.2p.
2. Jones Bros. coachbuilders, Bangor, for repairs to carriages £38.5s.
3. Jones & Son's, chemist, Menai Bridge for medicines £7.8s.10p.
4. Donald Carneron, tailor, Bangor, for clothes £3.13s.6p.
5. William Evans & Sons, joiners, Bangor, for general repairs, £1.14s.6p
6. Millman & Co, Bangor for repairs to clocks, £1.14s.6p.
7. Dr Roberts, Brynley, Menai Bridge for medical attendance £7.17s.
8. William Thornton Jones, solicitor, Bangor for legal charges £27.10s.
9. Bryn Hall Colliery & Co. Ltd. Bryn Hall, for coal £6.19s.6p.
10. W. Rowlands & Co, Bangor, for wine £2.4s.
Funeral costs Evan Parry, undertaker, Menai Bridge, £53.12s.11p.
Total duty including personal property and whole duty £7588.12s7 p.
[condition torn at edges]