The papers consist largely of letters from the Rev. Charles Watson to David Watson and to Mrs. Isabella Watson. There is also a letter from Elizabeth R. MacGillivray to David Watson, and letters from David Watson to Charles Watson.
Papers of the Rev. Charles Watson (1794-1866)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 237 Coll-762
- Dates of Creation1840-1854
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Descriptioncirca 30 letters. Access to records in a fragile condition may be restricted.
- LocationMSS BOX 37.5.1-160
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Rev. Charles Watson (1794-1866) was Minister at Burntisland in Fife, although he had also preached at Largs, Ayrshire.
Generally open for consultation to bona fide researchers, but please contact repository for details in advance.
The biographical/administrative history was compiled using material contained in the collection.
Compiled by Graeme D Eddie, Edinburgh University Library, Special Collections Division.
Other Finding Aids
Check the local Indexes for details of any additions.