Papers of John Masefield, collected by Diana Daniels, consisting of correspondence, 1920-60; copies and drafts of poems, 1902-65; essays and lectures, ca. 1921-63; autobiographical notes; and four pocket diaries of Judith Masefield, 1923, 1928, 1935, and 1938, with a pocket-book containing drawings of horses by her, 1920.
Papers of John Masefield
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.poet.d.194-5,e.116-21;eng.lett.c.255;eng.misc.d.657-8,e.602,f.398
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. poet. d. 194-5, e. 116-21; Eng. lett. c. 255; Eng. misc. d. 657-8, e. 602, f. 398
- Dates of Creationca. 1902-67
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description13 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
John Edward Masefield (1878-1967) was a poet. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were bought from Diana Daniels in 1969.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 46427-43.