Miscellaneous army regulations and training instructions, with manuscript notes (ca. 1915); 3 photographs (nd); 3 Christmas cards (nd); 2 badges and shoulder lapel (nd); Papers, including framed 'Mentioned in Despatches' certificate, financial papers and a photograph, relating to A.G.A. Picton (brother), Chaplain to the forces, serving on the Western Front and in Italy (March 1919); 34 family photographs (nd); Magazines, musical scores, press cuttings and hotel receipt (1933-1953).
A.G.B. Picton papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection IND 28
- Dates of Creationca. 1915-1953
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description2 boxes; manuscript, photographs, press cuttings, and printed material. Includes 3 Christmas cards, 2 badges and shoulder lapel, musical scores, and a hotel receipt.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
A.G.B. Picton was a 2nd Lieutenant, 1/1st Brecknockshire Battalion, South Wales Borderers, serving in India from 1916.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by Jan Price. See Research Correspondence File.
Other Finding Aids
India catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available