- MS 1632/1/2;D Letter to Frank Debenham, September 1919, holograph
- MS 1368/5/1-3;D Letters (3) to or regarding Hartley Ferrar, 22 November 1909 to 6 March 1916 [On Antarctic geology, second letter one of introduction written for Ferrar, 17 February 1915] 3 leaves, holograph and typescript
- MS 1537/4/4/28/1;D Letter to &Aelig;neas Mackintosh, 19 October 1914 [Requesting notes for Sir Douglas about Sounding Gear] holograph
- MS 280/22/1-5;D Letters (5) to Raymond Priestly, 1911-1914 [Personnel and Antarctic anecdotes mainly regarding the British Antarctic Expedition, 1907-1909 (leader Ernest Henry Shackleton) and the British Antarctic Expedition, 1910-1913 (leader Robert Falcon Scott) and their geological results] 11 leaves, holograph
- MS 197/1-2;D Letters (2) to Raymond Priestley, 24 June 1914 and 15 may 1932 [First giving news of various Antarctic personalities, second giving general news] 5 leaves, holograph and typescript
- MS 1632/1/1;D Letter to Raymond Priestley, April 1930 [Mentions Mawson' expedition] holograph
- MS 1453/73;D Letter to Kathleen Scott, 9 March 1911 [Apologies for failing to visit her] 1 leaf, holograph
- MS 366/15;ER Letter to Robert Falcon Scott, 1901 [From David and members of the Physiography Class of the University of Sydney, In Papers of the British National Antarctic Expedition, 1901-1904 volume 5 item 7]
- MS 1453/74/1-2;D Letters (2) to Robert Falcon Scott, 12 to 19 November 1910 [Various points preliminary to Scott's departure for the Antarctic] 2 leaves, holograph
- MS 1586;D Letter to Robert Falcon Scott, 21 November 1910 [Letter to accompany sketches for use on the expedition (Sketches not included)] 1 leaf
- MS 1453/18;D Memoranda (2) prepared for Robert Falcon Scott on the geological exploration of Victoria Land and Ross Island during the expedition, undated [The second memorandum appears to have been prepared by another geologist (Raymond Priestley) and corrected by hand by David] 8 leaves, typescript
- MS 1537/2/13/5;D Telegram to Emily Shackleton, 7 December 1907
- MS 100/21;D Letter to Sir Ernest Henry Shackleton, 29 July 1909 [On his work on the results of the British Antarctic Expedition, 1907-1909] 2 leaves, holograph
- MS 1178/6;D Letter to Charles Wright, University of Sydney, 19 April 1913 [Brief discussion of salinity of the Ross Sea] 2 leaves, holograph (Xerox)
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Tannatt William Edgeworth David/Correspondence
- Dates of Creation1907-1930
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical DescriptionCirca 21 letters, 1 memo, 3 telegrams
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The correspondence relates to the British Antarctic Expedition, 1907-1909 (leader Ernest Henry Shackleton), the British Antarctic Expedition, 1910-1913 (leader Robert Falcon Scott) and the Australasian Antarctic Expedition, 1911-1914 (leader Douglas Mawson).
The correspondence is arranged alphabetically by recipient.