Microfilms of David Garrick manuscripts.
Microfilms of David Garrick Manuscripts
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Film 728-733
- Dates of Creation20th century (copies of 18th century originals)
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description6 shelfmarks
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Christian F. Deelman (b 1937), New College, Oxford, acquired the microfilms from various libraries. David Garrick (1717-1779) was an actor. Details for Garrick are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The microfilms were given to the Library by Mrs Christian F. Deelman in 1965.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A description is available in the Library.
The originals are located as follows:
- MS. Film 728 - Hyde Collection, MS. of Lethe, 1777
- MS. Film 729 - Huntington Library, MSS. L.A. 386 and H.M. 185 (BonTon)
- MS. Film 730 - John Rylands Library, MS. Spencer 22571 (Lethe)
- MS. Film 731 - Boston Public Library, Rare Book Department, MS. G. 3492.2 (Jubilee)
- MS. Film 732 - Washington, The Folger Shakespeare Library, "Microfilm J" (Various items)
- MS. Film 733 - Washington, The Folger Shakespeare Library, (Lethe and other items)