A red silk Marie Rambert hat, Mazurka 1915 - Russian peasant costume with an elasticated band at the back. Hat is unlined. The front of the hat is decorated with a patchwork of silk, black velvet and lace fabric on which strands of beads have been hand-stitched.
Red silk Mazurka hat owned by Marie Rambert, c. 1915
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 2228 MR/02/002
- Dates of Creation1915
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical DescriptionCondition is very fragile. Fabric is torn at different parts of the hat. Area of loss on beading as well as fraying at the hem of the hat.
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright owned by creators including choreographer(s), designer(s) and composer(s). Performers rights apply. Can not be copied without rights owners' permission(s).