- ICS Reference Library books, 1905-1923;
- ICS Ltd minutes and other administrative papers, 1902-1996;
- ICS Ltd advertisements, 1950s-late 1980s;
- ICS (Australasia) papers, including minutes, 1922-1972;
- Trans-World Educational Services Ltd papers, including minutes, 1922-1972;
- Intertext Training Services papers, including minutes, 1922-1972;
- Women's Institute of Domestic Arts & Sciences papers, including minutes, 1922-1972;
- Photographs, 20th century;
- Artefacts, 1890-2009.
Records of International Correspondence Schools (ICS), 1890-, distance learning organisation, Glasgow, Scotland
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 248 ACCN 3777
- Dates of Creation1890-2009
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description5 linear metres
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
ICS was established in 1890 in the USA, and pioneered a new way to learn - distance learning. This offered people the option of studying on their own terms, from home, work or anywhere they wanted. ICS continues to operate under these same principles today and uses modern technology to deliver their courses.
ICS has operated under different names over the years. The company moved to London in the early 20th century, and the Head Office is now in Glasgow.
Listed by box. Items are generally listed in their original order.
Conditions Governing Access
Open, subject to the Data Protection Act 1998
Long-term deposit : ICS : 18 Jul 2013 : ACCN 3777
Collection box listed by Alzbeta Vicianova, ERASMUS student, 30 Sep 2013. Collection level description created by Emma Yan, Assistant Archivist, 28 Apr 2014
Other Finding Aids
File list available by request to the Duty Archivist
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Archivist.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents
To be appraised