- Two volumes of The Education of Children in Hospital, containing questionnaires, reports and opinions, 1945-1950;
- One volume of 21 chapters of A Tale of Gairloch, 1970;
- Collection of poems and ballads, prepared for publication by Agnes MacDiarmid, undated;
- Collection of essays on English Literature written while at the University of Glasgow, 1918-1919;
- Selection of writing: Fun among the Fianna - a Celtic play; The Little Harper and other tales; Transplanted; Tale of Old Raasay, published by William Maclellan of Glasgow, 1957.
Papers of Agnes MacDiarmid, 1898-1976, arts student, University of Glasgow, Scotland
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Agnes MacDiarmid was born Agnes Allan Jeffrey in Lanarkshire in 1898 . She attended the University of Glasgow from 1916-1920 . In her first year she took classes in French and German. In her second year she studied Higher Ordinary German and English. During her third year Agnes took Junior Honours English and History ordinary, before studying Senior Honours English, British History and an Italian Comparative class in her final year to graduate with a M.A in 1920. Agnes then married Hugh MacDiarmid, an accountant, on 15 October 1930. She studied for a PhD at the University of Glasgow and submitted her thesis in 1946, and went on to publish various works. She died on 19 May 1976.
The arrangement of this material reflects the original order in which it was received.
Conditions Governing Access
Gift : Dr Agnes A MacDiarmid: 1976
Other Finding Aids
Digital file level list available in searchroom.
Alternative Form Available
No known copies
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
None which affect the use of this material
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Archivist.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents.
This material has been appraised in line with standard GB 0248 procedures
Location of Originals
This material is original
No known publications using this material
Description compiled in line with the following international standards: International Council on Archives, ISAD(G) Second Edition, September 1999and National Council on Archives, Rules for the construction of personal, place and corporate names
Fonds level compiled by Andrew Thomson, Hub Project Archivist, 22 October 2004.