Much of the evidence of Solly Zuckerman's scientific research is to be found in Series SZ/PUB. This series contains other surviving records of his work on primate physiology and social life, and endocrinology, from files created at the Zoological Society of London, the Department of Human Anatomy, Oxford University, and the Department of Anatomy, Birmingham University. The present arrangement dates from the period when the files were at Birmingham. There is also much correspondence relating to Zuckerman's scientific work, some of which is complementary to this series, in Series SZ/GEN.
Zuckerman Archive: Primatological and Endocrinological Research
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1187 SZ/SZ
- Dates of Creation1925-1958
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description4 boxes; 38 files; 1 metre
Scope and Content
- SZ/SC/1 Annotations of Primates, 1930?
- SZ/SC/2 Apes - South African Fossils, 1947?
- SZ/SC/3 The Baboon - from the evolutionary point of view, 1925
- SZ/SC/4 Baboons - Directions for Collection of Material in Field, 1930
- SZ/SC/5 Baboons - South African Records, 1925, 1930
- SZ/SC/6 Baboons Urine - Assay of Oestrin, 1935
- SZ/SC/7 Baboons Urine - Oestrin Tests, 1935-36
- SZ/SC/8 Behaviour of Chimpanzees in Zoo - Experimental, 1928-29
- SZ/SC/9 Correspondence with The Times and India House, 1950
- SZ/SC/10 Effect of Hormones on Monkeys, 1937
- SZ/SC/11 Gambia Monkeys, 1950
- SZ/SC/12 Leeward Islands Monkeys, 1950
- SZ/SC/13 Mandrill at the Zoo, 1936, 1938
- SZ/SC/14 Mangabey and Baboon - Notes on Immature Male and Female, 1935
- SZ/SC/15 Marmoset Notes, 1935
- SZ/SC/16 Medical Research Council Therapeutic Trials Committee, 1936-1940
- SZ/SC/17 Monkey Arrivals, 1939-1940
- SZ/SC/18 Monkey Film, 1937-38
- SZ/SC/19 Monkey Hill Notes, 1925-1930 [in four sub-files]
- SZ/SC/20 Monkey Pathology - Cage Paralysis, 1929-1930, 1932
- SZ/SC/21 Monkey Weight Book, 1938-1940
- SZ/SC/22 Monkeys - Castrations etc. (Original Plans for Experiments), 1937?
- SZ/SC/23 Monkeys - Correspondence re. Urine - (Pincus), 1938. Closed
- SZ/SC/24 Monkeys - Food Change
- SZ/SC/25 Monkeys and Apes - Maternal Notes, 1932-34
- SZ/SC/26 Monkeys and Apes - Newspaper Cuttings, 1925, 1929 - 1931, 1936, 1958
- SZ/SC/27 Monkeys and Apes - Orang Utan Skulls - Inquiries into Costs, 1952-53
- SZ/SC/28 Monkeys and Apes - Reproductive Cycles, 1929-1933
- SZ/SC/29 Nuffield Reports, 1938-1945
- SZ/SC/30 Photographs - Mostly Apes, 1927 [in two sub-files]
- SZ/SC/31 St Kitts Monkeys, 1948-1952
- SZ/SC/32 Whereabouts of Various Materials, 1932
- SZ/SC/33 Zoo - Pathologist's and Anatomist's Reports etc., 1927-1932, 1938 [in eight sub-files]
- SZ/SC/34 Reports, Correspondence and Lab. Notes Made Whilst Working at the Zoo, 1927-1931
- SZ/SC/35 Record of Breeding in Southern Zoos, 1932
- SZ/SC/36 Notes on Lemurs and Fruit Bats, 1933
- SZ/SC/37 Miscellaneous Prosectorium Correspondence, 1928-1931
- SZ/SC/38 Prosectorium Card Index, 1927-1932
File SZ/SC/23 is closed.