Membership list; financial records, 1939-62.
United Operative Spindle and Flyer Makers' Trade and Friendly Society
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb152-mss.259/sf
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 152 MSS.259/SF
- Dates of Creation1939-1962
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description[ not recorded ]
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The society was founded in 1856 and merged with the Amalgamated Engineering Union in 1962.
Reference: Arthur Marsh and Victoria Ryan, Historical directory of trade unions. Volume 2. Aldershot : Gower, 1984.
Conditions Governing Access
Access : Open.
The records have been listed as part of the Amalgamated Engineering and Electrical Union archive. An authority file exists for the United Operative Spindle and Flyer Makers' Trade and Friendly Society (GB 152 AAR).
The archive has been deposited in the Centre on indefinite loan by the Amalgamated Union of Engineering Workers. The first deposit consisted of fifteen boxes of early minutes collected by Richard Storey on 1st November 1984. Accruals are listed under the entry for the Amalgamated Engineering and Electrical Union (MSS.259) .