Contains 2 eighteenth-century English poems on the alleged birth in 1726 of 17 rabbits to Mary Toft of Godalming.
Two anonymous eighteenth-century poems on the Godalming Rabbits
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb206-brothertoncollectionmslt116
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS Lt 116
- Dates of Creationca. 1726
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description2 ff. conjoined, but torn along most of the join as if extracted from a larger work, manuscript. Written in a single neat eighteenth-century hand.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The writer of the manuscript is unknown.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
Purchased from Heath's bookshop in October 2002.
Other Finding Aids
The poems are indexed in the BCMSV database http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/bcmsv/bcmvlink.htm#bclt116