Letters home, diaries, reports, photographs and press cuttings relating to servicein the Ceylon Police Force, 1920-1939.
Papers of J. R. Granville Bantock
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.ind.ocn.s.287,t.7
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Ind. Ocn. s. 287, t. 7
- Dates of Creation1920-1939
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description3 boxes, 1 volume
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
J.R. Granville Bantock (fl 1920-1939) served as Assistant Superintendent ofPolice, Ceylon, 1921-1928 and Superintendent, Crime Branch, Colombo, Ceylon,1931-1936.
Conditions Governing Access
Bodleian reader's ticket required.
Collection level description created by Paul Davidson, Bodleian Library of Commonwealth and African Studies at Rhodes House.
Other Finding Aids
Listed as no. 660 in Manuscript Collections in Rhodes House Library Oxford,Accessions 1978-1994 (Oxford, Bodleian Library, 1996).
Conditions Governing Use
No reproduction or publication of personal papers without permission. Contact the library in the first instance.