Five notebooks of Margaret L. Woods, containing drafts of verse.
Notebooks of Margaret L. Woods
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.don.e.29-33
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Don. e. 29-33
- Dates of Creation[ca. 1892-1920]
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description5 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Margaret Louisa Woods (1856-1945) was a writer. Details are given in Who Was Who.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The notebooks were bought from G.S. Woods in 1946 and given to the Library by the Friends of the Bodleian in 1947.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 39150-4.
The poems were mainly printed in The collected poems (London, 1914) and The return and other poems (London, 1921).