23 photographs and picture postcards, many signed (1917-1918); Press cutting reporting H. Davies missing (n.d.); Memorandum relating to posting to No. 215 Squadron (1918); RAF (Royal Air Force) cheque for 13 Francs (1 Sep. 1918); Letter from the International Red Cross (14 Oct. 1918); Signed menu for Armistice Dinner at Ingolstadt (12 Nov. 1918); POW (Prisoner of War) postcard (16 Sep. 1918); Censored postcard to parents (Nov. 1918); Postcard to parents (21 Sep. 1918); Message from King George V (1918); 3 telegrams (22 Sep. 1918, 4 Oct. 1918, 15 Oct. 1918, 25 Aug. 1939); Protection Certificate (3 Mar. 1919); Memorandum relating to No. 215 Squadron dinner (30 Aug. 1919); Certificate announcing award (9 Oct. 1919); Leave of Absence pass (24 Feb. 1919); Press cutting from the News Of The World (n.d.); Letter from the Air Ministry requiring H. Davies to relinquish his commission because of age (12 May 1954); Embroidered RAF (Royal Air Force) handkerchief (n.d.).
Haydn Davies papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb206-liddlecollectionpow019
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection POW 019
- Dates of Creation1917-1954
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, photographs, postcards, telegrams, press cuttings, and printed material Includes an embroidered RAF handkerchief and an RAF cheque
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Haydn Davies (b. 1898), a 2nd Lieutenant, RAF (Royal Air Force), served as an Observer with No. 215 Squadron on the Western Front. He was held as a POW (Prisoner of War) at Ingolstadt. Later he became a Squadron Leader.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted
The papers were placed in the Collection by Mrs I. Thomas (daughter).
Other Finding Aids
POW catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available