A poem on the pro-Boers' antipathy to Joseph Chamberlain during the South African War, 1899-1902 ("With apologies to the author of "They all love Jack"").
They all hate Joe, by Charles Larcom Graves
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Brotherton Collection MS 19c Graves
- Dates of Creationca. 1900
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description3 ff., holograph manuscript, interleaved and bound in 1 folio volume Bound in blue cloth with gilt lettering on the spine as follows: C.L. GRAVES. - THEY ALL HATE JOE.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Charles Larcom Graves (1856-1944) was an Oxford graduate, author, and political satirist, especially as a member of the editorial staff of The Spectator and Punch. For fuller details of his career see Who Was Who, vol.4, 1941-1950.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted
From the library of Lord Brotherton