160 deeds, the majority of which relate to the Turner family, but include papers of the Hegginbothams, 1697-1808 and the Bromeleys, 1761-1776. There are also indentures of apprenticeship to the Turners, 1804-6, and one to Joseph Boothroyd of Wooldale, Yorkshire, 1800.
Turner Family Deeds
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Ch. Ches. 65-215; Lancs. 26-32; Derby 61; Yorks. 530
- Dates of Creation1624-1863
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description160 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Turner family owned property in Cheshire, Lancashire, Derbyshire and Yorkshire.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The deeds were given to the Library by N.H. New in 1922.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.