Requesting her aid to obtain the transfer of her adopted son James Ross from Madras to Calcutta, to join her.
Duplicate letter to Margaret, Lady Clive from Johanna Ross.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/62/2 ff.32-33
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000890.0x0000f7
- Dates of Creation[Oct 1771]
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description2 folios
Scope and Content
The letter is not dated, although the recipient has endorsed it as arriving on 2 Aug 1772. The letter has been placed in this arrangement since the same correspondent addressed a letter requesting the same favour to Lord Clive in very similar terms, suggesting that the letters were closely related.