The letters inform Clive of various subjects, including the requisitioning of the Lapwing snow (with the warning that these are the only reinforcements he can expect), the outbreak of war with France, military intelligence of the enemy's manoeuvres and congratulations upon Clive's successes.
Letters and signed duplicate letters from the Select Committee of Fort St George to Clive.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/10/7 ff.1-5
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000524.0x0002ef
- Dates of Creation27 Oct 1756-28 Feb 1757
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description5 folios
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)