Dated at Fort William, reporting on the business of the Presidency, including ships and cargos, the work of gomestahs, relations with other European nations' representatives in India, disobedient Company servants (some named), military supplies, financial matters and a postscript concerning indemnities for sending an unsatisfactory Servant home.
Copy of a letter to the Court of Directors from the President and Council of Bengal dated 13 September 1768.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/54/2 ff.5-38
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000836.0x000194
- Dates of CreationSep 1768
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description34 folios
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)
The papers used has been ruled, possibly ready for use in accounts.