Dated at Fort William, concerning the administration of Bengal. Also part of the copy are letters from Nobkissen and Gerard Gustavus Ducarel, probably to Clive. The presence of the two latter letters suggests that the copy of the letter to the Court of Directors was made for Clive, probably soon after the date of writing.
Copy of a letter to the Court of Directors from Harry Verelst, John Cartier, Richard Becher and Alexander Campbell (probably the Select Committee at Fort William) dated 25 September 1767.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/47/3 ff.17-24
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000778.0x000233
- Dates of Creation[Sep] 1767
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description8 folios
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)
Previous list states that this letter was enclosed with Harry Verelst's letter to Clive of 28 Sep, however there seems no internal evidence for this.