The evidence concerns the grant of Clive's jagir and the fate of the jewels deposited with the Company by Mir Jafar as security for the payment of the sums promised by him under the treaty. The Committee also ordered the production of the proceedings of the Board at Calcutta, an account of the bills drawn on the Company in all three presidencies between 1757 and 1760, the General Court books for 1764 and 1767 and the proceedings of the trial of Ramchum.
Further evidence from Clive and evidence from Mr Sykes.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/11/1 ff.56-63
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000524.0x00034a
- Dates of Creation1 May 1772
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description8 folios
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)