The record begins with the confrontation between the Company and Clive over the jagir and ends with a justification of Clive's actions in reinforcing the Select Committee with men from Madras. The document is written in the third person, and views Clive and his actions favourably. Probably in Clive's handwriting, the text contains significant alterations and amendments.
"Narrative of Lord Clive's Third Voyage to India... (Imperfect)".
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/13/1
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000286.0x0000fe
- Dates of Creation1770s
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file containing 69 folios
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)