Dated at Calcutta, giving news of events in India since the author's last letter, particularly of military matters. Both the letter and the enclosures exist in duplicate.
Letter from Harry Verelst, probably to Clive.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/51/2 ff.6-52
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000778.0x0003c5
- Dates of Creation5 Feb 1768
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description47 folios
Scope and Content
Enclosed are copies of letters received by Verelst from John Call and Captain Forbes Auchmuty, both dated 12 Dec 1767, a copy of a letter from Joseph Smith to John Call and enclosed in his own letter, a copy of a letter to Harry Verelst and the Select Committee from Charles Bourchier and other at Madras, copies of two letters to the Court of Directors, unsigned but probably from the Governor and Select Committee at Fort William, dated 1 and 3 Feb 1768 invoices of bulses of diamonds and a list of items sent by the Earl of Elgin.