Vertue, tried for desertion and disobedience to orders, Fletcher and North tried for mutiny, and Stainforth tried for breach of the first part of the third article of the second section of the Articles of War. The trials of the four officers were held between 15 July and 26 September 1766. Four copies.
Copy of the court martial sentences upon Lieutenant William Vertue, Lieutenant Colonel Sir Robert Fletcher, Ensign William North and Lieutenant and Captain John Stainforth.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/1/2 ff.66-73
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000459.0x00035a
- Dates of Creation?1766
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description8 folios
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)