Clive agrees that while serving the company in a civil capacity he will not receive presents exceeding the sum of 4000 rupees, and that presents offered which are less than that sum shall only be accepted if authorised by the President and Council. Any presents received notwithstanding this indenture are to be transferred to the sole use of the Company.
Counterpart indenture made by Clive.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/5/6 f.3
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000524.0x000117
- Dates of Creation24 May 1764
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 folio
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)