Dated at Calcutta, comprising a general update of events in Bengal and Verelst's activities since Clive's departure, including diplomatic and political developments, military deployments and trading matters. An original, a duplicate and a copy. Enclosed is a copy of a letter from Lieutenant Colonel Todd to Captain Bellingham concerning military matters and a copy of a letter to the Court of Directors from Harry Verelst, John Cartier, Richard Becher and Alexander Campbell concerning the administration of Bengal.
Letter to Clive from Harry Verelst.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/47/2 ff.81-132
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000778.0x000221
- Dates of Creation28 Sep 1767-6 Oct 1767
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description52 folios
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)