The letters document the sale of saltpetre to the Dutch and the decline in good relations between the two communities due to alleged insults and ill usage from the British gomestahs. Marked 'No 12'.
Copies of letters sent to Adrian Bisdom and the Council at Hughly from the President and Council of Fort William.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/92/2 ff.46-59
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000001064.0x0000ad
- Dates of Creation3 Sep 1759-26 Nov 1759
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description14 folios
Scope and Content
It seems probable that these copies formerly included those at Mss Eur G37/92/2 ff.60-63 below; certainly the final letter in this grouping seems to be concluded on the first folio of that, however this set of extracts contains only letters to Bisdom and his Council, whereas the other includes letters to other recipients.