The letters are written from various Indian locations including Calcutta, Surie and several military camps. Correspondents include Major Yorke, Major Carnac, Bryan Scottney, Captain Broadbridge, John Johnstone, Captain Carstairs, Warren Hastings, Stanlake Batsan, Mr Motte, W B Sumner, Henry Vansittart and others. The letters form a mixture of personal and official correspondence..
A letterbook containing copies of outgoing letters. The vast majority of the letters are to military officers of various ranks and members of the Council at Fort William. The author is nowhere named but may be Captain Martin White.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/29/7
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000286.0x0001d1
- Dates of Creation Mar 1761- Jun 1761
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description37 folios
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)