Dated at Head Quarters at Singhia. Having followed Clive's orders in asking his officers for their opinions about the Army Regulations, he encloses the opinions of several named officers (not attached) including that of Major Grant, probably Mss Eur G37/42/3 ff.5-13 and Major Polier (probably Mss Eur G37/42/3 ff.14-16) The remainder of the letter refers to military matters, including recent promotions.
Letter to Clive from Richard Smith.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/42/3 ff.70-71
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000717.0x00027b
- Dates of Creation3 Oct 1766
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description2 folios
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)