The charges comprise combination for monopolising cotton, monopoly of diamonds, frauds in coinage and exchange, monopoly of the trade in salt, bettel nut and tobacco and peculation of revenue. The notes blame several of these activities for causing the Bengal famine.
Abstract of charges against Clive.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/10/11 ff.1-2
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000524.0x000333
- Dates of Creation1772-1773
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description2 folios
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)