The letters were sent in cypher and survive both as cyphers and translations. Each letter was numbered, either by the sender or recipient , from which it is clear that several letters do not survive: the earliest letter is number 44 and the latest 83, with several others missing within the sequence.
Letters from William Watts.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/8/4 ff.2-53
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000524.0x0001df
- Dates of Creation23 Apr 1757-11 Jun 1757
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description52 folios
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)