Dated at Calcutta, concerning news of India, primarily the threat posed by Hyder Ali. Most items, except the certificate and bill of lading of diamonds exist in duplicate.
Letter to Clive from Harry Verelst.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/51/2 ff.169-208
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000778.0x0003e3
- Dates of Creation29 Feb 1768
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description44 folios
Scope and Content
Enclosed are, a bill of lading for four bulses of diamonds signed by John Sealy, a letter from the Select Committee at Fort William to the Court of Directors dated 29 February 1768, a return of troops under the command of Colonel Peach dated 24 January 1768, a certificate of diamonds shipped aboard the Earl of Elgin made by Verelst before a notary, a list of items sent with the letter and lists of the contents of four bulses of diamonds.