Outlining the bounds of their terms and the Committee's advice of what the deputation may expect Shuja ud-Daula's reactions to be. The letter also concerns financial circumstances, and touches upon the scarcity of silver and the abundance of coin believed to be awaiting remittance from gomestahs in Shuja ud-Daula's lands.
Copy of a letter from the Select Committee to General Smith, Mr Carter and Mr Russell upon their deputation to Shuja ud-Daula, dated 29 November 1768.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/56/2 ff.22-25
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000836.0x000323
- Dates of Creation[Jan 1769]
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description4 folios
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)