The author is convinced that the monopoly created by Clive was the cause of the Bengal famine of 1769-1770. The copyist has also copied marginal notes written on the original.
Evidence given against Clive concerning the regulation of the trade in salt, bettel nut and tobacco.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/12/8 ff.1-16
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000524.0x0003aa
- Dates of Creation1770s
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description16 folios
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)