The observations are unsigned. They form a detailed description of the writer's attempts to persuade the mutineers to abandon the mutiny and wait until they could present their demands to Clive in person, including an outline of the arguments he used. It is possible that the writer may have been sent to try and defuse the situation.
Observations made by an army officer sent to Sir Robert Fletcher's forces during the officers' mutiny.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/13/8
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000286.0x000105
- Dates of Creationc 1766
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file containing 4 folios
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)