Dated at Berkeley Square, congratulating him upon his appointment as Governor General in succession to Warren Hastings, and requesting that he also succeed to that gentleman's position as one of Clive's attorneys in India.
Copy of a letter to General Sir John Clavering, K.B., from George Clive, John Walsh and another with initials CD (probably Christopher D'Oyly), dated 8 November 1776
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/68/2 f.8
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000890.0x000278
- Dates of Creation[Nov] 1776
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 folio
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)
The letter is merely initialled.