Dated at Calcutta, giving news of Bengal. Every item, with the exception of the bill of lading and the letter from Colonel Call, is in duplicate.
Letter to Clive from Harry Verelst.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/51/1 ff.35-56
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000778.0x00039d
- Dates of Creation6 Jan 1768
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description22 folios
Scope and Content
Enclosed is a copy of Verelst's letter to Colonel John Call giving further details of Bengal affairs, a copy of the letter from the Governor and Select Committee of Fort William to the Court of Directors (5 Jan 1768), invoices of two bulses of diamonds and their bill of lading and a copy of a letter from Colonel Call to Harry Verelst dated 28 November 1767.