Dated at Fort William, concerning the war with Hyder Ali, financial matters (both Clive's and the Company's), the salt trade, the recommendations of the Directors and recommending Samuel Court, return to Europe as a result of illness. An original and a duplicate.
Letter to Clive from Harry Verelst.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/50/1 ff.77-126
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000778.0x000351
- Dates of Creation16 Dec 1767
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description50 folios
Scope and Content
Enclosed are: a copy of John Call's letter dated 19 Nov 1767 (see also Mss Eur G37/49/3 ff.24-26), a copy of Call's reflections upon the current military situation, returns of recruits from Europe between 30 June and 17 Dec 1767 one signed by Frederick Thomas Smith, a copy of a letter from Charles Bouchier etc to the Select Committee of For William dated 20 Nov 1767 (see Mss Eur G37/49/3 ff.21-23), invoices and receipts for bulses of diamonds, two copies of a letter sent to the Court of Directors concerning recent events in Bengal and a list of the enclosures in Verelst's previous letter to Clive.