Protesting against the Company's intention of commandeering their lands for a Gunge [warehouse] and offering to show the company a better place for it closer to the river. Also includes the same text in Bengali.
Petition brought by the inhabitants of Sootalootey Market, Calcutta to the President (William B. Sumner) and Council of Fort William, Calcutta.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/18/10 ff.11-12
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000524.0x0000af
- Dates of CreationLate 18th century
- Language of MaterialEnglish Bengali
- Physical Description2 folios
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)