Enumerating their complaints arising from the most recent set of accounts of Clive's financial affairs in India and apprising the attorneys of the appointment of Sir John Clavering to replace Warren Hastings.
Three successive drafts of a letter from George Clive, John Walsh and c D. (probably Christopher D'Oyly) to Clive's attorneys in India dated 12 December 1776.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/68/2 ff.11-15
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000890.0x00027a
- Dates of Creation[Dec] 1776
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description5 folios
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)
The development of the final letter can be clearly traced from the amendments made to each draft.