Dated at the Cape of Good Hope, giving news of shipping and thanking Clive for his favour. Enclosed are papers relating to the confiscation of an English ship at Rio de Janeiro, including the Signed Duplicate of Captain Robertson's Protest against the Viceroy of Brazil, dated between 27 July and 1 August 1770.
Letter from Captain John Columbine Tonyn, probably to Clive.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/60/5 ff.36-48
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000890.0x000035
- Dates of Creation19 Dec 1770
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description13 folios
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)