The journal is written to 'dearest Sturges', her husband, who had been sent to India possibly linked to Clive's second term as Governor. The author dates from Warwick, though she is about to leave the locality at the end of the last entry, and on one occasion refers to herself in the third person as 'Jenny'.
Series of letters forming a journal created by J (or possibly F) Sturges.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/1/14
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000286.0x000057
- Dates of Creation26 May 1764-29 Oct 1764
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description30 folios
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)