The letter was written upon its author's arrival in Madras and outlines the expenses of setting up an establishment there. The author also hopes that his correspondent will exercise his interest to get him transferred to Bengal. It is possible that the author was Clive. The letter is incomplete.
Copy of an undated letter from Fort St George.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/15/4
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000286.0x000124
- Dates of CreationMid 18th century
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file containing 6 folios
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)