The objection expressed is that since both men had left Calcutta before the retreat was agreed, they know little of the events on which they would be reporting.
Petition to Roger Drake Esq. signed by 27 people requesting that neither Charles Manningham nor Mr Frankland shall be accepted as representatives of Calcutta in Madras in the aftermath of its loss.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 59 Mss Eur G37/10/4
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000286.0x0000dc
- Dates of Creation12 Jul 1756
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file containing 2 folios
Scope and Content
Not Public Record(s)