The collection comprises a sequence of personal files compiled by Mosley on particular aspects ofhis work and research. The files contain newspaper cuttings, correspondence, maps, notes, graphs,and printed and hand-written lists of statistics. The files have been divided into sixsections:
- Files relating to Mosley's work for the National Dock Labour Corporation. The papers in the filesinclude printed statistics and reports of the Corporation and investigations into dock workerwelfare and numbers. Included is a typescript report (1943) by Mosley on the welfare of porttransport workers. 1943-1946 (MS 315/1);
- Files relating to Mosley's work for the Board of Trade. The papers in the files includestatistics and maps relating to the population and insured workforce of the UK, particularly inLondon and the south east of England. 1946-1952 (MS 315/2);
- Files of student and private study notes on the subject of economics, and papers relating to hisinvolvement with the Workers Educational Association. 1929-1967 (MS 315/3);
- Files of papers relating to his lectureship at the University of Hull. 1934-1940 (MS 315/4);
- File of correspondence. 1943-1952 (MS 315/5);
- Files relating to Mosley's survey work for the Ministry of Labour and National Service,particularly in Middlesbrough, Cleveland. The papers in them include correspondence and statistics.1940 (MS 315/6).