Recorded interviews. Subjects covered include school education, night-schools and lectures, the Central Labour College, reading, recreation, University education, teaching experiences, writing, drama, political activites, working life, trade-union activities, Workers Educational Association classes, National Council of Labour Colleges, International Lenin School, strikes. The recordings were made 1972-1974 but cover the period 1894-1974 in subject matter.
Adult Education Study
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 217 >GB 217 SWCC : : AUD/Project/1/9
- Dates of Creation1972-1974
- Physical Description10 recordings
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
This study consists of recordings of interviews with individuals and concentrates on the history of adult education in the South Wales mining valleys.