John Winthrop (1588-1649) 'father of New England', first Governor of Massachusetts and founder of Boston, co-founder of Harvard University
- letters concerning Normanton giving a short talk in honour of John Winthrop at commemoration
- leaflet commemoration programme and appeal for financial help for the church from Rector of Groton, Suffolk
- programme for commemoration play 'A Puritan Father'
- poster 'Winthrop Tercentanary Commemoration Groton - Suffolk 'A Puritan Father' a play in 3 acts by EA Dawson
- photograph of the East window of Groton Church, Suffolk
- four photographs showing different views of Groton Church, Suffolk
- 'John Winthrop. A seventeenth century Puritan romance' by Henry J Cowell with manuscript inscription inside front cover to Helena Normanton from author (Sep 1949)
- 'John Winthrop. The father of new England' by Rev AB Bird, Rector of Groton in Parish magazine for the parishes of ...Edwardstone with Groton....'
- 'John Winthrop (1588-1649) Tercentenary of the death of a great Puritan pioneer and leader' by Henry J Cowell in 'The Churchman's Magazine, Mar 1949
- 'Suffolk and America' from 'East Anglian Daily Times' 26 Sep 1949
- 'Winthrops meet again at Groton' in 'Suffolk Free Press' 27 Sep 1949